The Wakefield Together Partnership brings together all partners who contribute to a safe, healthy and prosperous District.
Strategic direction and democratic leadership is provided by the Local Services Board, responsible for setting the district-wide objectives to tackle the district’s most pressing challenges. We are particularly focused on delivering the objectives in the District Outcomes Framework. The Local Service Board then works closely with the district’s other partnerships to ensure that residents and businesses see a tangible improvement and new ways of working help achieve organisations’ tough savings targets.
Members of the Local Services Board are:
- Councillor Peter Box CBE (Chair) - Leader of the Council
- Dr Andrew Furber - Director of Public Health
- Ian Hunter - District Manager, JobcentrePlus
- Joanne Roney OBE - Chief Executive, Wakefield Council
- Jo Webster - Chief Officer, Wakefield Clinical Commissioning Group
- Mabs Hussain - District Commander, West Yorkshire Police
- Sam Wright - Principal, Wakefield College
The Local Services Board also oversees a programme of engagement to ensure the Wakefield Together objectives reflect the aspirations of, and challenges facing, residents and local businesses.