Wakefield district has a number of strategic partnership Boards that bring partners together to improve outcomes for residents. These are;
Community Safety Partnership
The Community Safety Partnership brings together relevant partners so they can work together to develop the strategic approach to safer communities. They work to deliver a number of strategic objectives which are published in the Community Safety Plan.
Children and Young Peoples Partnership
Through the Children and Young People’s Partnership, partners work together to improve the lives of children and young people in Wakefield. The partnership provides the strategic direction for decision-making about services and provides the strategic leadership across relevant organisations to make progress against agreed ambitions, priorities and outcomes. The partnership has developed its 2019 - 22 strategic partnership plan for Children and Young People in Wakefield. This underpins the work of the partnership board and has a focus on four priority areas which have been agreed upon through rigorous consultation and engagement both with partners and children and young people.
The Children and Young People Plan 2019-2022
The Children’s promise
Organisations that have signed up to the Children’s Promise:
- St Giles C ofE Primary School
- Horbury, St Peters and Clifton Church of England (VC) Primary School
- Crigglestone Dane Royd Junior and Infants School
- Horbury Primary Academy
- Wakefield Flanshaw Junior and Infants
- Ossett South Parade Primary School
- Wakefield Pinders Primary School
- Wakefield Council
- NHS Wakefield, Clinical Commissioning Group
- West Yorkshire Police
- West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue
- Wakefield District Housing
- West Yorkshire Department of Work and Pensions
- Wakefield NOVA
- Wakefield College
- The Wakefield Community Safety Partnership
- The Wakefield Health and Wellbeing Board
- The Wakefield Children and Young People’s Partnership Board
- The Wakefield District Local Safeguarding Children’s Board
- The Wakefield District Safeguarding Adults Board
- Mid Yorkshire NHS Hospital Trust
- Bradford District Care NHS Foundation Trust
- Children and Family Court Advisory and Support Service
- South West Yorkshire NHS Foundation Trust
Wakefield first is a public and private sector led strategic organisation responsible for attracting inward investment, supporting trade, and raising the profile of the Wakefield district. Their key motivations are sustainable economic growth, job creation and promotion of the Wakefield district as a vibrant, dynamic and competitive region with global aspirations.
Wakefield Council has launched its new Economic Strategy to create more successful people, businesses and places throughout the district.
Health and Wellbeing Board
The Health and Wellbeing Board is a strategic, statutory body which aims to improve the health and wellbeing of the residents of Wakefield and to reduce inequalities in outcomes. The Board acts as a forum for collaborative leadership across relevant organisations and is required to encourage those who arrange for the provision of health or social care services to work in an integrated manner.
The Wakefield Health and Wellbeing Plan is the Board’s five year strategy for how they intend to improve health and wellbeing across Wakefield. You can find out more about the Board, and see the Plan on the Board’s
There is a statutory requirement that each area has Safeguarding Boards for adults and children. Their job is to provide expert and detailed scrutiny that all agencies are meeting their responsibilities to keep vulnerable adults and children safe, and that systemic risks are identified and addressed. The Boards' work provides constructive challenge about where we need to improve and reassurance when the right processes are in place. Further information can be found on each Board's website: